Title: Becoming Rain
Author: K.A. Tucker
Series: Burying Water #2
Release Date: March 3, 2015
Amazon - Barnes and Noble - Kobo

Luke Boone doesn't know exactly what his uncle Rust is involved in but he wants in on it-the cars, the money, the women. And it looks like he's finally getting his wish. When Rust hands him the managerial keys to the garage, they come with a second set—one that opens up the door to tons of cash and opportunity. Though it's not exactly legal, Luke's never been one to worry about that sort of thing. Especially when it puts him behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 and onto the radar of gorgeous socialite named Rain.

Clara Bertelli is at the top of her game—at only twenty-six years old, she's one of the most successful undercover officers in the Washington D.C. major crime unit, and she's just been handed a case that could catapult her career and expose one of the west coast's most notorious car theft rings. But, in order to do it, she'll need to go deep undercover as Rain Martines. Her target? The twenty-four-year old nephew of a key player who appears ready to follow in his uncle's footsteps.

As Clara drifts deeper into the luxurious lifestyle of Rain, and further into the arms of her very attractive and charming target, the lines between right and wrong start to blur, making her wonder if she'll be able to leave it all behind. Or if she'll even want to.


My Review:

How do you write a review for a book that is written by one of your favorite authors when the book was absolutely mindblowingly perfect? I could gush about how K.A Tucker writes a story that is so full of twists and turns that I don’t know how the characters can possibly get from Point A to Point B… I can talk about how much I LOVED how strong, feminine and kickass amazing Rain/Clara was… or how about how I totally fell in love with Luke and he is my new book boyfriend… I don’t know how to put all my feels into words but lets give it a shot. This series is way darker then I usually read, but I get these books in my hands and I finish them within 1 day because once I start I NEED to know what happens!

First, every single character in this book was fantastic, regardless of how big or small of a roll they played, you knew who they were and you were able to form your opinions and then try to figure out if anyone was like a double agent or was a bad guy playing good (because seriously that wouldn’t surprise me in K.A. Tuckers books).

The book reads like a TV Series, or like a movie (this would be an AMAZING movie or Tv series btw) You get POV’s from both Rain and Luke, I loved seeing both sides of things. I felt super bad for Luke because well, I loved him and I wanted my HEA you know? Although I loved Rain right from the beginning, I felt a bit of anger towards her because she was trying to set up my new boyfriend to go to jain (I’m a protective B* what can I say?) But then it became quite clear that she was just as upset with herself as I was with her over what her role was and I forgave her.

Obviously I loved Rain (Clara? What do I call her) and Luke… but there were a few other surprises too! Elmira! OMG she blew me out of the freaking water! I STILL don’t know what exactly to think of her! Is she good? Is she bad?  WHO THE HELL IS SHE!


This whole book was a long winding road and I had no idea how it could POSSIBLY end the way I wanted it to. But I was totally ok with that because I know that everything written by K.A. Tucker is going to blow my mind and nothing will turn out the way I thought it would.

This book, is a MUST read by EVERYONE! It is the second in the Burying Water Series and I would recommend reading Burying Water first (because its super awesome and Jesse was my last book boyfriend) BUT you can read this book without reading the first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Follow Me



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Grab My Button

Archives

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

2015 Reading Challenge

Megan has not entered the 2015 Reading Challenge.